Google Voice is a must have service which offers free sms, conference calls, voice mail transcription, cheap international calls and mobile number porting. Google Voice is only available to users from USA. There are few clients available which allows you to use Google Voice through SIP protocol. Today we will discuss about Yate (Yet Another Telephony Engine) which allows you to use Google voice account through SIP from anywhere.Yate can be used as a:
- VoIP server & VoIP client
- Conference server - with up to 200 channels in a single conference
- VoIP to PSTN gateway
- PC2Phone and Phone2PC gateway
- IM Client & Google Voice SIP client
- Multiple SIP account registration
- Goto Yate website and download the yate client
- Install the clinet and Log in using your Google Talk account.
- Make sure that you have the "Advanced mode" activated. Go to YateClient Main Menu->Yate->Advanced mode, it should be checked.
- Go to Telephony tab in YateClient:
- Set Protocol to none and Account to jabber:email@example.com. Type the number you want to call and then press the button.
As you all aware with Google Voice you can make free calls to USA/Canada throughout 2011, but if you are not in USA Gmail client will not give you option to use Google voice. Yate client allows you to use Google Voice from anywhere you can use any SIP client. So try free Yate client to use google voice and make free calls to USA/Canada.