XLite from Counterpath is a very popular SIP softphone, but the free versoin allow only one SIP account. Today will discuss about ZoIper which allows adding multiple SIP and IAX accounts with
- T.38 Fax support
- STUN support
- Various codec support (GSM, ulaw, alaw, speex, ilbc)
- Multiple accounts
- Adaptive Jitter buffer
- Echo cancellation
- Multilanguage support
- Portable storage device support
If you are using smartvoip, actionvoip for 1 cent call to India then you can use Zoiper to make calls using smartvoip SIP settings , I hope that the call quality will be improved.
How to add a Smartvoip SIP setting?
- Click here to download and install free Zoiper phone
- Right click on the top of zoiper softphone
- Click on the options
- Click on Add a new SIP account
- In the name write: Smartvoip
- then type the following
- Domain: sip.smartvoip.com
- Username : Your smartvoip user name
- Password : your SmartVoip password
- Caller ID Name: Your number or leave it blank
- Click on apply
If you see, registered, then you are ready to make phone calls with this softphone.
You can use the similar settings with other betamax services (click here)
Other freely available softphones.
QuteCom, Firefly by FreshTel, DIAX, ExpressTalk, Damaka peer to peer SIP softphone, AdoreSoftphone, MiniPAX, MizuPhone, FlashPhone web based SIP softphone, FaramPhone, Mirial Softphone, YakaPhone Simple, WXCommunicator SIP Windows, Twinkle SIP softphone, Ekiga Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting), IAXComm IAX softphone for Windows, SJLabs SJPhone Phoner etc